MBA - Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management
Jain University (in partnership with Parampara Family Business Institute)
Family businesses in India account for 60-70% of the GDP and 57% of employment in India.
They contribute to nation building and play a critical role in the economic growth of the country.
MBA in Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management program is customised to meet the professional development needs of members of entrepreneurial family owned businesses. It offers an ideal combination of general management areas along with concepts of entrepreneurship, varied complexities of family enterprises as well as holistic wellness. It enables students to understand the dynamics of their family business, giving it a professional outlook, managing shareholder relationships, handling disputes or conflicts and learn various strategies to successfully run and perpetuate the family business.
The programme draws from best management practices in family businesses from across the globe and aims to equip the future leaders of family business in areas like strategic planning, responsible ownership, family governance and other important dimensions of their family’s business.
It has the following salient features:
- The only programme on Family Business Management which provides a sound & well-integrated foundation in entrepreneurship and business leadership.
- Enriched subject expertise developed with support of our academic partners - Business Families Foundation (Montreal) and Family Firms Institute (Boston)
- With experienced Faculty, the program equips the students with the practical nuances of addressing the dynamics of family business in a competitive & volatile business environment;
- An integrative teaching methodology involving use of classroom lectures supported with Case Studies, Virtual Discussion Forums and Group Projects.
The curriculum and pedagogy enables the students to apply the concepts they have learnt in the programme in their business immediately.
- To develop an understanding and skills to improve family harmony and business performance
- To learn tools & methods for aligning family ownership, business strategy and governance
- To gain management skills for building & leading Diversified Family Businesses
24 months – Full Time
Experienced faculty from Jain University & Parampara Family Business Institute
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION PROCESS:
Applicants must fulfil the admission criteria and have strong commitment to continue and contribute to the family business’ success.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
SPEAK TO VIVEK NOW
- Next generation members working in their family business who seek to equip themselves to take on the unique challenges of directing the growth and generational transitions of their family enterprise
- Next generation members who aspire to take on important responsibilities in their family firm and/or those who aspire to launch new businesses to further grow or diversify their existing family business.
- Aspiring first time entrepreneurs
- Students belonging to a family business who are currently pursuing undergraduate courses.
- Experienced practitioners currently engaged with/or who aspire to engage with family businesses seeking insights on cultural alignment, context-sensitive decision-making and career choices to work in family businesses.
+91 98866 71816 | +91 080 4343 0936